VicEmergency app launches November
The new VicEmergency app will provide the community another channel to access warnings and incidents for fires, floods, storms, earthquake, tsunamis and water safety.
Launching in November, the app will replace FireReady and for the first time utilise VICSES warning products that are tailored to individual locations. The app will bring together emergency information and warnings from agencies including:
- Victoria State Emergency Service
- Country Fire Authority
- Department of Economic Development and Transport and Resources
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Life Saving Victoria
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade
For existing FireReady users, the new app will be available in November to Apple and Android customers as an update. New users will also be able to download VicEmergency from the App Store or Google Play.