In late 2017, VICSES initiated a project to define an evolved set of values that better reflect VICSES today, and support the behaviours and characteristics we pride ourselves on as an organisation.
A consultation process, including working groups and focus groups, was carried out with VICSES volunteers and staff to review our current values and better understand what resonates with the VICSES of today.
A set of five new values was ultimately decided upon through this process, along with a set of commitments that outline the behaviour and attitudes associated with each.
VICSES is now please to formally roll-out the new values and announce the steps through which the values will be embedded.
We pride ourselves on our credibility
- We pride ourselves on delivering on our promises and commitments, and in doing the right thing consistent with our values.
- We are responsive, trustworthy, skilled and respectful in our actions.
We are part of our community
- We take a proactive, supportive and empathetic approach to achieve community outcomes.
- We collaborate with our communities and partners, sharing knowledge and expertise.
- We ensure we are integrated, connected and engaged with our community.
Safety drives our decisions
- We empower our people to work within their capability to ensure we don’t compromise the safety of our people and the community.
- We promote open and honest conversations about the health and wellbeing of our people
Focused and adaptable
- We are disciplined in achieving our objectives; adaptable in our approach.
- We recognise and respect the diversity of our capability.
- We channel our resources to achieve results.
Together we are VICSES
- We share a common purpose working together without fear, favour or prejudice.
- We acknowledge that all our people contribute to, and enhance our ability to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies.
The Values launch coincides with the launch of a new Volunteer Code of Conduct, developed through a volunteer working group of representatives from each region, which together set the standards for behaviour at VICSES.
VICSES would like to thank the vast number of volunteers and staff that were involved in the development of the new values and associated commitments. The enthusiasm for this project demonstrates the passion within this organisation, of which we should all be very proud.