There are also a number of links to websites that can provide further information about meteorology, natural disasters and what different agencies are doing to help Victorians in emergency situations.
Secondary Student Resources - www
Secondary Student Resources
Teenagers in Emergency
Four Maffra Secondary College students have developed a booklet that offers specific and easy to understand guidelines about how young people can help out in emergency situations. The project was initiated in response to the students' own experiences during the 2006-07 bushfires and floods that badly affected the Gippsland region.
- Teenagers in Emergency Booklet.pdf (4.73 MB)
- Play games and read about true disaster survivor stories at Disaster Resilience Education for Schools
- Find out up-to-date Australian rainfall and river conditions from the Bureau of Meteorology
- Find out more about Australian flooding and read reports on previous floods from Geoscience Australia
- Learn general information about the weather from the Bureau of Meteorology
- Get advice and assistance about recovering from floods in Victoria
- Find out what the Red Cross does to assist Australians in an emergency