What to do during a marine tsunami
Ensure that you do the following during a marine tsunami:
- Get out of the water and move away from the immediate water's edge of harbours, coastal estuaries, rock platforms, and beaches.
- Boats in harbours, estuaries and in shallow coastal water should return to shore - secure your boat and move away from the waterfront.
- Vessels already at sea should stay offshore in deep water until further advised.
- Do not go to the coast to watch the tsunami, as there is the possibility of dangerous, localised land inundation of the immediate foreshore.
- Check that your neighbours are aware of the situation.