Geelong residents: this evening's thunderstorm has hit a number of suburbs particularly hard. SES volunteers have received over 200 calls for help on the SES emergency line 132 500 over the last 6 hours. The majority relate to flooding and building damage as well as a number of flood rescues, with drivers getting into difficulty on flooded roads.
Volunteers from South Barwon SES, Bellarine SES, Geelong SES especially are extremely busy, so we're asking those affected to be patient as we work through the jobs. In the Mid West, Ballarat SES also have their hands full.
- Never drive through floodwater.
- If water is coming into your house, move valuables and electrical items out of the way (e.g. up on shelves or tables).
- If you think appliances may have been affected by water, seek assistance before using them.
- If you need SES assistance call 13 2500.
- If anyone's life is in danger call 000 immediately.