VICSES volunteers of two or more years now have access to the La Trobe University Aspire Program.
La Trobe University prides itself on excellence, inclusivity, and a focus on serving its local communities, and has campuses throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
The Aspire Program recognises the positive impact that volunteers and others have in the local community through exclusive benefits and opportunities. These include:
- Access to the Aspire Early Admissions Program.
- Eligibility to be in the running for one of 40 scholarships for high-achieving Aspire students.
- Exclusive access to La Trobe events like Ideas and Society and Bold Thinking.
- Discounts to the National Gallery of Victoria.
- Leadership opportunities, career development, networking and industry mentoring
- The chance to meet and connect with like-minded students who share your goals and passions.
- Support for your exams with VCE revision lectures in the September school holiday (applicable to Year 12 students only).
The Aspire Early Admissions Program
The Aspire Early Admissions Program rewards your involvement in community, leadership and volunteering with an early conditional offer into your chosen course at La Trobe. This means you’ll know if you have a place at university as early as September. You’ll also receive exclusive benefits designed to nurture your skills and give you the support you need to succeed at La Trobe and beyond.
A conditional offer means you’ve been accepted into your chosen course at La Trobe, as long as you meet all course prerequisites and special requirements for your course. You’ll find out if you’ve been accepted into your course in September.
To receive an early conditional offer as a Year 12 Aspire applicant, you’ll need to:
- meet the minimum ATAR for your course
- meet the standard prerequisites and any special requirements for your course
- place your Aspire course as the highest eligible preference in the VTAC/UAC preference list (if in Year 12).
If you’ve already completed Year 12, Aspire offers the benefit of minimum entry requirements (ATAR or equivalent academic performance in further study).
As part of the Aspire program, you’ll automatically be considered for one of 40 available Aspire scholarships. Scholarships are valued at $5000 per year for up to four years of study (including Honours).
Starting in 2020, scholarships will be awarded to the highest-achieving Aspire students in their individual course with a minimum ATAR of 80.
Learn more about Aspire scholarships.
Apply for the Aspire Program
Applications for the Aspire Program are open until 31 August 2019.
For more information, follow the links below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Aspire Program
How to apply
Learn about becoming a VICSES volunteer