Yarra Ranges Shire Council - www
Yarra Ranges Shire Council
SES has developed Local Flood Guides to explain local flood risks for communities at risk. This includes advice for communities on how to prepare and respond to flood events and who to contact in the event of a flood.
SES has also developed Municipal Flood Emergency Plans to prepare, respond to and recover from flood events within the Municipality.
Yarra Ranges Shire Council has a history of flooding (riverine and flash flooding) including significant recent flood events in February 2011, October 2010, September 2010 and February 2005. Recent flood events have impacted the townships of Healesville, Yarra Glen and and vast extents of rural areas resulting in extensive damage.
The lead time to respond to a flood event may be limited. All households and businesses at risk of flooding should develop an emergency plan and beware of their flood risk.
Households and business should refer to their Yarra Ranges Shire Flood Emergency Plan for more information.
Local Flood Guides
- Healesville Local Flood Guide.pdf (1.49 MB) - NEW July 2020
- Lilydale Local Flood Guide.pdf (793 KB) - NEW July 2020
- Mooroolbark Local Flood Guide.pdf (1.13 MB) - NEW July 2020
- Warburton Local Flood Guide.pdf (1.58 MB) - NEW July 2020
- Yarra Glen Local Flood Guide.pdf (1.05 MB) - NEW July 2020
- Yarra Junction Local Flood Guide.pdf (1.35 MB) - NEW July 2020
Your local SES unit is:
- Emerald Unit: Cnr Old Gembrook and Sherriff Roads, Emerald.
- Lilydale Unit: 103 Nelson Street, Lilydale.
- Healesville Unit: Argoon Street, Healesville.
- Upper Yarra Unit: 2804 Warburton Highway, Wesburn.