To assist people from multicultural communities, important information is available in a number of languages.


The State Emergency Service (SES) is a volunteer organisation that can help you in a flood or storm emergency. You do not have to pay for this service.

If you call 132 500 from your telephone, volunteers from SES will come to your home if it has been flooded or damaged by storms. You can also request a translator. SES volunteers always wear an orange uniform. They are experienced in responding to flood and storm emergencies.

Please see below for more information on how you can prepare your family and your home for floods and storms.

If you do not understand this information, ask a family member, friend or neighbour for assistance.