Victoria has a long history of flooding, and is home to many flood-prone communities. Floods cost Victorians more than $460 million every year, and can cause significant damage to homes, businesses and community infrastructure.
The important information below can help you learn more about preparing for floods.
Download the following resources, which will help you before, during and after a flood emergency:
- FloodSafe Guide - How to Plan and Prepare for Floods.pdf (2.5 MB)
- Floods and Storms After Fires Guide.pdf (554 KB)
- Rural FloodSafe Guide.pdf (254 KB)
- Caravan Park Occupants Flood Guide.pdf (286 KB)
- Sandbag Quick Reference Guide.pdf (168 KB)
Residential FloodSafe - Inner Suburban Case Study
A VICSES case study about flooding in Middle Park and Elwood. It highlights the importance of flood preparedness and having a Home Emergency Plan and Kit.
Residential FloodSafe - Outer Suburban Case Study
A VICSES case study about flooding in Hampton Park. It highlights the importance of flood preparedness and having a Home Emergency Plan and Kit.