Welcome to VICSES' new quarterly publication, Community Matters.
Launched in December 2017, Community Matters delivers key information and updates from across VICSES, with information on wellbeing, health and safety, campaigns and events, projects and operations, and interesting news stories from each of our regions.
- Community Matters, Edition 6, Autumn 2019 (PDF, 5 MB)
- Community Matters, Edition 5, Summer 2018 (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- Community Matters, Edition 4, Spring 2018 (PDF, 5.6 MB)
- Community Matters, Edition 3, Winter 2018 (PDF, 5 MB)
- Community Matters, Edition 2, Autumn 2018 (PDF, 8 MB)
- Community Matters, Edition 1, Summer 2017 (PDF, 4 MB)
VICSES Annual Reports provide a summary of the key initiatives and activities of the service, including reports on performance, delivery of outputs and financial management.
View the VICSES Annual Report 2017-18 (PDF 3.07 MB)
- Annual Report 2016-17 (PDF, 2.25 MB)
- Annual Report 2015-16 (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Annual Report 2014-15 (PDF, 8 MB)
- Annual Report 2013-14 (PDF ,5.9 MB)
- Annual Report 2012-13 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Annual Report 2011-12 (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Annual Report 2010-11 (PDF, 4.9 MB)
- Annual Report 2009-10 (PDF, 7.0 MB)
- Annual Report 2008-09 (PDF, 5.0 MB)
- Annual Report 2007-08 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
The VICSES Strategic Plan 2018-2022, was launched on 1 March 2018 following extensive engagement within our organisation, our sector and our local communities. The plan includes VICSES' four-year strategy, and sets ambitious targets for the sustainability of our organisation, our community reach, and our network strength and connectivity with others to build safer and more resilient communities.
View the VICSES Strategic Plan 2018-2022 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
Service Delivery Strategy
VICSES has developed a Service Delivery Strategy to help us identify what services we will deliver to Victorian communities over the next 10 years and the most effective and efficient ways to deliver them.
View the VICSES Service Delivery Strategy 2015-2025 (PDF, 6 MB)
Operational Capability Strategy
The purpose of the Operational Capability Strategy is to explain our philosophy and the underpinning principles for the development and maintenance of operational capability.
The strategy outlines a holistic approach to operational service delivery that is centred on our people – volunteer (members) and staff – and the provision of knowledge, skills and resources to enable VICSES to deliver our services safely and effectively.
The strategy is designed to complement other key organisational strategies which aim to ensure our service delivery is risk-based and facilitates the most effective contribution by our people.
View the Operational Cability Strategy 2017-2022 (PDF, 6 MB)
These plans provide strategic guidance for effective emergency management to hazards in Victoria for which VICSES is the designated control agency. Please visit our State Plans page for further information.
Phoenix is the official journal of the Victoria Emergency Service Association (VESA). It is published six times a year and features articles and photos of interest submitted by volunteers and staff of the Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES).
VESA is funded by VICSES units, staffed by VICSES volunteers and works to advocate on their behalf. VESA is a separate entity to VICSES.
Countrywide Austral has been appointed by VESA as the authorised publisher of the Phoenix Journal, including the coordination, sale and selection of advertising.
For enquiries about advertising in Phoenix, contact Countrywide Austral on (03) 9937 0200 or email@example.com
Please note: VICSES does not solicit advertising or donations for Phoenix. This is done by Countrywide Austral on behalf of VESA, to whom the proceeds go.
The Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES) provides datasets to the public that provide invaluable insight into the operations of VICSES. They cover operational activities, training details and non-personal volunteer information.
These datasets are part of the DataVic Access Policy, an initiative which seeks to make Victorian government agency datasets freely available to the public. It is hoped that by doing this, economic activity will be stimulated, productivity will increase, research outcomes will improve and government practices in the use of data will be made more efficient and effective.
View the datasets.
Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality Register
In keeping with the standards issued by the Victorian Public Sector Commission in relation to the management of gifts, benefits and hospitality, Victoria SES now publishes its Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality Register on a quarterly basis, effective 1 May 2017.
- Register - Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality, 31 March 2019.PDF (20KB)
- Register - Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality, 31 December 2018.PDF (23KB)
- Register - Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality, 30 September 2018.PDF (21KB)
- Register - Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality, 30 June 2018.PDF (37KB)
- Register - Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality, 31 March 2018.PDF (39KB)
- Register - Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality, 31 December 2017.PDF (36KB)
- Register - Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality, 30 September 2017.PDF (36KB)
- Register - Gifts, Benefits & Hospitality, 30 June 2017.PDF (37KB)